Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 10-18-06, 07:23 AM
darkmother
Get the stick.

Bikes: 12 Y.O. Litespeed MTB, IRO Jamie Roy fixie, Custom Habanero Ti 'Cross, No name SS MTB, Old school lugged steel track bike (soon)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by somnambulant
Once again I ask: why is it that inclement weather brings out the worst in drivers? They're seriously WAY worse on wet/snowy days than "safe" ones.
I don't get this either, but it is very true. On my way home from work yesterday, I'm riding south on Yonge-no traffic around me. I want to make a left, so I merge into the fast lane. This woman in an SUV (it's always the SUV drivers) about 200 ft behind me starts honking her horn like her team just won the world cup. She rolls right up on my rear wheel and lays on it. Meanwhile, I am wondering how long it will take for her to realize that we are approaching a red light. She realizes about 100 ft from the intersection, and makes a dive for the slow lane presumably so that she doesn't have to confront me. After asking her what her problem is she responds "You're going to get killed!" (I love how these drivers are so concerned for my well being-it makes me warm and tingley in the pants). I explained that I was trying to make a left turn, and asked her how she would like me to do it. Then she tells me that I should use the pedestrian crossing instead. I suggested that she go smoke some more rock. God I love toronto drivers.