Old 10-18-06, 11:13 AM
ryand
dutret has a posse

Bikes: IRO Angus 53, Marinoni Special 54, LMNO Custom Road Bike, Guerciotti TT, Late 60s Bottechia Road, Univega Via Montega beater/polo/rain bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ben,
This is a good question, but there are a few things about it I would like to point out.

Originally Posted by RedDeMartini
...most of the folks on this forum seem to be twenty something, white, urban or at least cosmopolitan, left leaning, often underemployed and male.
I think you may be right about the general population of this forum; however, I feel that this forum is a small part of the fixie population. And lets face it, this forum will have some people with such brillian responses at:
Originally Posted by IROeunuch
lolzers u r stupid
Yes, that one was great, he made quite the point.

Also, the ever popular
Originally Posted by dutret
It has become a standard hipster accessory with that comes the politics and philosophy of hipsters.
has already come into play. I think that this can be said about anything at this point. Ipods are "hipster accessories" and so are beards apparently, but that doesn't make every person with one of these a "hipster". In fact, I feel that a lot of people simply use that term to describe somebody that they don't have a true reason for not liking. You just can't put your finger on it? The must be a hipster.

I think that there are a lot of different people riding fixed for different reasons. I think that people in this forum are going to butt heads and yell hipster a lot though. I would like to talk to you about this in person. Perhaps at the next time we all get together for some sort of food/game/bike riding night.