Banned

Bikes: Mercier Kilo TT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
basically i dont give a **** when it comes to **** like this

if X shop has Y part for less than Z, i'll buy it

i dont really expect a shop to be "nice" to me, sure its nice, but i'm not in there for friends most of the time. i go in, get what i need, go on my way.

once i went into a local shop when i first moved here, introduced myself, tried to start a conversation, and was directed to a different part of the shop where more parts were. fine, we dont gotta be friends. later i went in for a part that disapeared from my hub, dude found, installed, and chatted up wheel options the whole time. great, next time i need a small part, i'll head there.

but people being straight up dicks or denying service? thats not good business (cause you know, thats what the B stands for in LBS). as a whole they really do need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that they make more money wrenching online buyers bikes than they do alienating them

and you say this guy is the sole employee and probably owner? i wouldnt go back, i would tell others to avoid it

edit: x y z applies to online too. i dont exactly have the cash to be "supporting local businesses", which is kind of a joke in itself, cause i mean its not like these local businesses produce anything other than labor, they all (i am sure there are a few exceptions) just resell imported goods.

i'm gonna be buying a new front wheel soon. should i go with $100 ultegra/open pro online? or 140(+?) hand built surly/open pro?

$100, if the wheels not perfectly trued i can go to a bike shop and have them take a look and still come out ahead financially. and thats good for the business of me