Old 10-22-06, 03:29 PM
Marylandnewbie

Bikes: Fuji Supreme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Very Long Commute Club: Week 29

Well Mars is absent today so he asked me to kick off a thread. Taking my duties seriously I contemplated many possible topics:
  • Backpack vs. pannier: which way leads to true salvation?
  • Compare and contrast the post apocalyptic visions of H.G. Wells Time Machine with those of The Terminator.
  • Where is Mars?
  • Should cagers who injure cyclists be sentenced to riding a bike on the roadways for 6 months so they understand the impact of their driving?
  • Why is the song you get stuck in your head always the worst piece of music you know?

But none of these really excited my imagination. Finally I hit upon the topic for this week. With Halloween a little over a week away do any of you have plans to ride in costume? Anyone have a great costume idea -- either bike related or something you think will work well while riding?

For myself, I might ride in costume. Last year I wore one of my long-sleeved, obnoxious orange, Alertshirts and had my wife use black tape to create a jack-o-latern on the back. (It helps to be somewhat round in physique for this one). I have a wonderful long Dracula type cape, but I think it is too long to ride in and if there were any wind I know it would kill me.