View Single Post
Old 10-29-06, 05:22 PM
BigSean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great Ride today on the Squishy bike

Well it turned out to be an outstanding ride. I found this new gear in my legs, I call it Hammer time. Ill have some pics tomorrow, cant load em at home. Anyway, we went to Demo Forest for an awesome time.http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...RD_165227_4519 crx.aspx

For those of you that dont know, one of the guys I ride with is 21 and really fast. At one time I was faster, but kids progress faster and Im just aging, plus I had the 3 month layoff where I couldnt ride. Anyway, I base my fitness on how far or close I can stay to Justin. Today, I did very well. I had this strength in my legs to really push tha pedals, and I was really happy with the climbs. The weather was perfect, and the forest inviting. I was pretty much pushing myself just a little to hard. I got to feeling pretty loose and soon the brake levers were just for show, I was groovin through the turns as the trees whisped by at what seemed like mach speed. Lots of rear wheel drifts and counter steering means your on the edge. When Ya get to the bottom its all fire road back to the car, oh and its uphill. 4.5 miles and my ride was complete. I had Justin in my sites all the way, but he got me by about 30 seconds. It was a great day and alot of fun. Ill post pics in the morning. Hope you had a great day today too.

As the decent wore on I was feeling better and better, I began flying off all the jumps and drops like I did prior to my injury. I was having so much fun. Then I sailed off a little jump, the landing is a bit rough and an immediate right hander. I hit this big hole in the ground on landing and it shot me wide left through the corner, all hands grab brake as I sail head on into the tree for a nice bear hug. Funny thing is, its the same tree I narowly escaped last week, this week the tree won. Fortunately I didnt get hurt, it was kinda funny actually. I kissed the tree, said Ill see ya next time and I continued on down the mountian. The last 3 miles down was fast and furious, but no more jumping.