Old 10-30-06, 08:51 PM
Bike-a-Boo

Bikes: 2006 Trek 7.3 FX, 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa, Batavus Entrada, MEC Origami Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought a used pannier on ebay - can't get it to work!

I finally bought the commuter pannier by Two Wheel Gear that I've been drooling over for the past several months. I bought it used on eBay to keep the costs down. It arrived today!

My problem is that I can't get it to work on my bike rack. I was hoping someone here might be able to help me figure it out.

Here's a picture of how it's supposed to work: http://www.twowheelgear.com/faq.php#rack

My problem is that while strap 1 and strap 2 are joined by a velcro piece that can be used to adjust the length, when it is extended to its longest, the J-clips won't reach the top of my rack when the bottom D-ring is in place. I thought the straps would be "stretchy" - but they are not.

Interestingly, when I got my new bike, I couldn't seem to fit my old bike rack onto it (it wouldn't fit over the wheel) even though the LBS guy said that racks are pretty much universal. I tried a different rack and it worked. I think my new pannier would fit on my old rack.

Any thoughts?