"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Stats:

Old 04-29-07, 08:17 PM
  #1  
Cypress
Giving you the business.
Thread Starter
 
Cypress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 4,462

Bikes: Trek because free

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stats:

61.07 miles

2 hours 24 minutes 47 seconds

6th place P-1-2-3

3rd place in the field sprint
Cypress is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 08:22 PM
  #2  
TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense
 
TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 13,543

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Keeping in mind the field sizes in MT, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on your DFL finish.


Seriously, kickass result Cypress
TheKillerPenguin is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 08:26 PM
  #3  
Cypress
Giving you the business.
Thread Starter
 
Cypress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 4,462

Bikes: Trek because free

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hate admitting it, but yeah, there were only 26 of us.

I saw the 4/5's and they had damn near 60.

One cat 3 race down, many to go. I have no idea what I placed in the 3's.
Cypress is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 08:30 PM
  #4  
jrennie
Race to train
 
jrennie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: suffering on the back
Posts: 3,115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
do they only count 3's for the 25 to a race for points or 25 total in a 123?
jrennie is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 08:34 PM
  #5  
TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense
 
TheKillerPenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vagabond
Posts: 13,543

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think it just has to be 25 total in the field. I could be wrong though.
TheKillerPenguin is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 08:37 PM
  #6  
Cypress
Giving you the business.
Thread Starter
 
Cypress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 4,462

Bikes: Trek because free

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There were more cat 2's than 3 today. I just found out that I got 2nd in the 3's.

No idea how USA Cycling is going to score it. I'd like points for 2nd place.
Cypress is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 08:46 PM
  #7  
El Diablo Rojo
Banned.
 
El Diablo Rojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ATX, Ex So Cal
Posts: 11,058

Bikes: Ridley Noah-Scott Addict-Orbea Ordu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
61.07 miles

2 hours 24 minutes 47 seconds

6th place P-1-2-3

3rd place in the field sprint
Congrats Ryan!
El Diablo Rojo is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 09:21 PM
  #8  
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog
 
patentcad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chester, NY
Posts: 90,393

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1013 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I must confess that I do not miss the days when my budgetary requirements would have compelled me to find a buyer for a used bicycle seatpost.
patentcad is offline  
Old 04-29-07, 09:31 PM
  #9  
Cypress
Giving you the business.
Thread Starter
 
Cypress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 4,462

Bikes: Trek because free

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
I must confess that I do not miss the days when my budgetary requirements would have compelled me to find a buyer for a used bicycle seatpost.

What am I supposed to do with it?
Cypress is offline  
Old 04-30-07, 01:16 AM
  #10  
ZeCanon
Writin' stuff
 
ZeCanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 3,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
I must confess that I do not miss the days when my budgetary requirements would have compelled me to find a buyer for a used bicycle seatpost.
screw you man, I shreded a tire this weekend because some redneck put tacks on the RR course and I don't have the cash to get a new one if I want eat. Sponsor tires dont' get in for a few weeks too

and by screw you i mean "i'm jealous"
ZeCanon is offline  
Old 04-30-07, 06:03 AM
  #11  
El Diablo Rojo
Banned.
 
El Diablo Rojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ATX, Ex So Cal
Posts: 11,058

Bikes: Ridley Noah-Scott Addict-Orbea Ordu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cypress
What am I supposed to do with it?
If Pcad had a seatpost to sell he'd have started 17 different threads on weather he should sell it or not, for how much, on ebay or craigslist and would his Zipp 404's miss said seatpost if he did actually sell it.
El Diablo Rojo is offline  
Old 04-30-07, 09:38 AM
  #12  
Cypress
Giving you the business.
Thread Starter
 
Cypress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 4,462

Bikes: Trek because free

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frankly I am not the kind of guy that keeps useless things around "just in case". It will either take up room on my work bench, or be gone and I can have $40.

Besides, what's wrong with $40? Patentcad, it's like that Geico commercial... If I came to you and said "stand up and I will give you $40" would you say "No, I'm so rich, I think I'll keep my seat"?

It just doesn't make sense.
Cypress is offline  
Old 04-30-07, 10:10 AM
  #13  
Vinokurtov
Now Racer Ex
 
Vinokurtov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice job!
Vinokurtov is offline  
Old 04-30-07, 02:16 PM
  #14  
SirScott
Senior Member
 
SirScott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Littleton, CO
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeCanon
screw you man, I shreded a tire this weekend because some redneck put tacks on the RR course and I don't have the cash to get a new one if I want eat.
Was this Deer Trail? I heard of riders getting flats in one area, but I never noticed anything...where was it? I did pull a goathead out of my tire after the race, it was flat by the time I drove home.
SirScott is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.