Old 11-01-06, 09:43 PM
michaelmc

Bikes: 2007 Fuji Roubaix LTD, 2005 Bianchi Pista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattfeet
Thats true too, being a newb, I forget different bikes are measured different ways. I just find it odd that a 63 in Trek can fit about the same way a 58 may fit in Fuji. Heh, Ill let y'all know what I pick, keep the info coming!

-matt
It's even within brands. I'm 6'0" and buying a 58 cm Roubaix LTD, but because of the difference in the way it's measured (seat tube length), mine is much smaller than a 58 cm Newest. The most important lengths are the Effective Top Tube and the Head Tube Length. The former controls how close your ass is to the handlebars, and the latter, controls how high the bars are relative to your ass. Bar height is important if you're not flexible enough to handle the drop. Anyway, have fun riding, and don't let them force you out the door with whatever. Make sure you're comfortable on the bike, not too stretched out (probably difficult for someone your size...), and not too compressed.

EDITED TO ADD: Don't worry about "perceived value." Fit is more valuable than any parts that can come on the bike. You're buying a slightly-above-entry-level bike, which will be great, and you'll love it, as long as it fits. Giant and Fuji both make great bicycles, and at that pricepoint, they'll all be more or less similar, so don't worry about brand. As Lance said, "It's not about the bike." I don't like Lance, but he's right. It's about your body.