Old 11-03-06, 12:15 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by timmhaan
yep - i agree completely. i took a gamble and ordered it online. it's okay, i fully knew that i was taking a risk of sorts. and when i reported these problems - i wasn't complaining about getting a raw deal, i was just posting it in case someone was considering the same bike. just honest feedback.

i'm actually quite pleased with the bike so far. i think i'll look into bar ends as a way to extend my reach - just a few inches would really help out.
I am glad that you are happy with your folder at least. I just wanted to make sure that people would not do the same mistake that I have done when I purchased my Boardwalk. I actually did went to a bike shop because it happened to be close by my house. But they did not stock folding bikes except once in a while they had some 16 inch wheel Micros offered (which are not the best examples around). They did order me the bike and modified to my wishes. But the bike was never tuned up during the three visits that I left it for tune ups. I took it to a distantly located Dahon Stocking Dealer recently for some new parts and a tune up. I can now safely tell people to do travel out their way to get the best bike for their money. Don't just settle on what is dished out to you. I would have enjoyed my bike far more if I had known this. We tend to settle on something, rather than being offered a optimal product that is performing at it's best, no matter what the price range it falls on.