Old 11-03-06, 12:19 PM
jcm
Gemutlichkeit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi George,
I've been following this subject pretty closely and I'm sorry you have reached this point of frustration. I tend to think that Bill has, too. There are some things I can gleen from the communications that you are describing:

1) You asked about Brooks saddles and got a whole lot of info from a whole lot of happy users.

2) I am deducing that you used a combination of those methods to try and break-in the leather and somehow ended up applying a witch's brew. I cite your earlier post about 3 applications of Proofide (a conditioner/softener if over-used), 2 applications of SnoSeal, pushing on the leather in the middle (which stretches it), and, getting the saddle wet with "alot of water." All in one month.

3) In this last post, you say that Diane didn't relay a statement from you which clarified your willingness to 'let it be' and just get another one. Too bad that happened. You asked if he could describe what you had done to break down a saddle to this extent. To be fair to him, how should he know? To send it to England is probably not a feasible option. To suggest to a customer that a witch's brew had been used probably would not be advisable. After all, he's not there to argue a no-win point.

At this juncture, you can either take your own advice and start over with a new Brooks, since you said the saddle was comfortable. Or, keep trying other types. I'd do the former and let time and distance both break-in your new Brooks and seperate you from this experience. Believe me, other posters are right: a hundred here and there will seem like nothing as this thing takes hold of you.