View Single Post
Old 11-03-06, 12:23 PM
mkadam68

Bikes: 2012 MotorHouse road bike. No. You can't get one.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GCRyder
Am I the only one who's never really been impressed with Pearl Izumi shorts? Maybe my LBS has been selling counterfeits, but they sure seem overpriced and flimsy. The store brand bib shorts I got from Performance for $40, for example, are much sturdier material and more precisely stitched than the PI's that cost me about $100. I do like my Zephyr vest, but I've really had trouble understanding how stores would manage to sell some of the PI products at all, were it not for clearance sales.
For the most part, I won't use any other shorts (bibs only) except Pearl Izumis. They do cost a bit more (not as high as some), but they fit me fine, last at least a whole season, and the chamois is one of the best around.

I've used real chamois in the past (without cream) and now use the synthetic stuff--no problems either way.

I've found cheaper shorts don't fit as well (read: feel uncomfortable), and the chamois is terrible (flattens out quickly, chaffes in the wrong places, etc...)

Overall advice: try some on, find one that fits well (price be da*ned), and stick to it unless you have a reason for switching.

My 2 cents.