55/Rad
Former Hoarder

Bikes: Seven Axiom, Felt Z1, Dave Moulton Fuso

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Rad's Latest Deal - Another Steelie

It's a beautiful frame I had hoped to properly announce at a future time but this one isn't meant to be.

Many of you know that I buy and sell a lot of used gear and am a big proponent of the idea and the process.

Well, I finally had a deal turn out less-than-ideal. A couple weeks ago, I won a 2001 Colnago Master X-light frameset from a reputable seller on Ebay. It arrived yesterday and was everything the seller advertised in terms of condition - but it's the wrong size. It was advertised as a 61 and at the top end of my useable size range, but it turns out to be a 63 and too big.

I wrote the seller and I'm sure he will offer up something to help me out, but the cost and time in shipping the frame back to the Ukraine doesn't make it worth it. Plus I really can't trust the guy now, so I will probably just flip it.

The photo below is of an identical frame but not the one I bought. This is a gorgeous bike and the photo was borrowed from the Campy Only website. It is the only other example of this particular paint scheme that I have seen.

55/Rad