Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by absntr
Bringing back an old thread.

I'm interested in possibly doing a CX race this year on my grass track Bob Jackson. It's just about perfect for cross (higher BB than a regular track frame, lots of clearance for tires) and I'm curious about brakes.

I can run a front brake and that should be no problem if I run fixed, however, if I chose to run SS, would a front brake be enough in terms of being allowed to race?

Thanks.
If it were me personally I'd go with a rear break on the SS and only a front on a fixed. The reason being that I use the rear break to skid the rear wheel out on tight corners to get through them faster. Otherwise there will be plenty of stopping power with just the front brake. When I do TT's on my fixed bike I am required to put the front brake on so I would not be surprised if that is a requirement. But no one says you have to use it

I would like to do a fixed race at least once for the hell of it. The one thing I'd like to see is how much control the bike has, I imagine they grip the course really well especially with the extra force on the front end of the bike but roots and sharp corners could be an issue, and dismounts