DavisClydesdale
Clydesdale

Bikes: 2002 Bianchi Bergamo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abertsch
They also didn't want to let me take an extended test ride (couldn't leave the parking lot).
Hmmm. For me this would be a deal breaker. I test rode three bikes last week, and all three I took for 8-10 miles each. I feel that in order to get a good feel for the bike, you need to try it out in ways that you cannot do inside of a parking lot. You need to get out and go as fast as you can for a bit. You need to cruise for a bit. You need to stand for a bit. You need to sit for a bit. You need to corner at different speeds. You need to try some minor hills if available. Basically, you need to ride it in a manner that you will be riding it after purchase, and you need to try out every aspect. You need to ride it enough so you get over the initial feeling of riding something different and see if you really like it. I don't think they can expect you to make a determination if you couldn't leave the parking lot. Would you buy a caqr from a dealer that wouldn't let you drive off the lot for a test drive?