Bikes: '80-something Super Le Tour, 2006 Trek 7100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Name: Stacy
Marital Status: Single and living with superslomo
Height/weight: 5'11"/173 lbs

What bike do you currently ride: 2006 Trek 7100 and a mid-80s Super Le Tour that my dad had.

How long have you been riding?: I rode as kid all the time in triathalons until I took a header. I broke both of my wrists, my jaw in 2 places, and got 38 stitches. Obviously, getting back on a bike was difficult! I got back into riding about 8 months ago and have lost 20 pounds, which I am VERY proud of.

What is your ultimate goal?: Weight wise: down from 173 to 150. Ride a century this coming summer. Meet new friends to hang out with!

How often do you ride and for how long?: I am lucky in that I have a really nice park not too far from me that has a 3K and 5K loop. It depends on how cranky I am - the more cranky, the longer and further I ride. If it's gorgeous out and I am in the foulest of moods, I'm much more likely to do more laps than when it's cold and I'm happy. The longest stint I have done is 42 miles, but I felt quite good and would like to do longer.

What is your favorite thing about riding?: That feeling when you get home and you are sweaty and tired and feel like you've just gone out and done something - even if it's just a short ride. You're healthier for it. And the adrenaline. Definitely the adrenaline