Old 10-15-03, 01:41 PM
KleinMp99
New to bikeforùms.net

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jfff
Don't know if this is the place for a message like this, but for lack of any place else I decided to post it here.

I've been plain old mountain biking for some time now. I recently met some guys that freeride and I want to take it up. I talked to them a little about bikes, but didn't get all that much info. I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for a newbie freerider/downhiller. I'm mostly looking at Specialized's right now, the P.3, P.2 and the Big Hit. I've read good reviews about all of them, but am slightly worried about the fork, I weigh a little under 200 and am 6'2" I don't want to bend the fork on my first ride. If anyone has experience or just some knowledge anything input would be greatly appreciated. I'm open to any bike suggestions, but from what I've read the Specialized are getting the best reviews.

Thanks,
jfff

P.S. My price range is from $0 to around $1500.

If you could fit into a medium bighit, I have a 2003 bighit comp for sale. I put a 2003 junior T and an 8" rear rotor on it too. $1400, let me know and we can talk.