Old 11-29-06, 04:26 PM
barhun

Bikes: Mongoose Hybrid Gunnar - Roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age. 53

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? A Mongoose Hybrid that I bought in the mid 90's. About 3 months ago I bought a Gunner built by an employee about 6 months prior. Made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
None at all.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
Since I started riding again, I feel I'm improving. Last Easter I was about to go up one pant size. 6 1/2 months later I'm 3 notches down on the belt. I owe most of it to biking, although I haven't given up my wine in the evening and I stiff arm fast food places.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
I rode off and on 10 years ago. 6 months ago I started with a little more enthusiasm. With the recent success I find myself at LBS more often than I need to be and want to increase my toy collection.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
At this point I would say medium to long rides. I have only done one sponsered ride of 55 miles and would like to do more of the same when we get past winter (for what winter is here).

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
Started 6 times a week at 60 to 70 miles per week. Currently I ride 5 times a week for 120 to 140 miles. I have logged 3100 miles in the 6 1/2 months.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
I should, but don't. Maybe if a gym would serve pie I could get motivated.

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??

Also, please see a list of all the contributors:[/QUOTE]