View Single Post
Old 11-30-06, 07:47 PM
Dogbait
lunatic fringe

Bikes: 1980 Schwinn World Sport, 1982 Schwinn Super Le Tour, 1984 (?) Univega Single Speed/Fixed conversion, Kogswell G58 fixed gear, 1987 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have four that are roadworthy right now. They are:

I bought this 1980 Schwinn World Sport in a thrift store in 1985 for $15.00. It was in sad shape. I replaced everything but the crankset and bottom bracket and used it as a commuter for many years. It is still going strong and serves as a foul weather ride.

I bought this Univega Maximo Sport frame on Ebay and built it up in the summer of 2005 as my first fixed gear bike. It is a little small but still comfortable for puttering around and rides up to 30 miles or so. It also gets the nod when the weather is fenderish. For a more complete description of its equipment, click #3029 in my sig.

This is a Kogswell G58. Details in #3502 in my sig. It will eventually get fenders and a rack, lights etc and be used for some short (40-80 mi. per day) touring expeditions.

This is a 1987 Schwinn Super Sport that I bought as a NOS frame and fork in the spring of 2006. I built it up with a mix of NOS vintage parts and some newer stuff that I liked. It is a 14 speed with friction shifters. I have parts for two more rear wheels, one with a close ratio flatland cassette and one with a 11-34 for the hills... wheels to be built as I have time. This is my favorite ride for day trips when I don't feel like carrying a bunch of stuff. More photos in sig.

I also have a Trek rigid MTB frame that will become a fixed gear/single speed gravel road cruiser as soon as I get the wheels built and the rest of it put together. Hope to have it done in a month or so. After that; well there's that old Fuji frame behind the couch and that box full of components looking for a home... need to find a nice steel touring frame.