View Single Post
Old 12-01-06, 02:39 AM
Bounty Hunter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike n00b in Nebraska

Hello all. I'm a 31 yr old Nebraskan. I've been a Police Officer for a year and 7 months now. I'm getting bored of traditional cardio and looking to get into biking. I loved it as a kid. I rode some in the early 90's and even in the past few years on my '94 Schwinn Hurricane MTB I had bought new. It's cold here right now...but I'm looking to get back into it hard in the early spring. Working out has become a very important part of my life now with the career I have. I've been slacking a little lately (riding in a cruiser) and I've gained 5 lbs. I've never been a lightweight guy though (well since my high school days). Right now I'm 5'11" 220 lbs with a muscular, stocky build. My goal is to stay muscular, but trim down to a lean 205 lbs or so. I also have goals to apply for the bicycle certification class and possibly work the downtown beat on bike. How much fun would that be?

I recently put money down on a brand new '05 LeMond Big Sky SL the other day. I was close to getting an '07 Trek 7.5FX or a Bianchi Strada. I fell in love with the LeMond though. The hand positions were very comfortable along with the riding position. Not to mention it felt fast. I might pick up an '03 Trek 820 locally for $100 this weekend. The guy selling said it's in great condition, barely any use.

Last edited by Bounty Hunter; 12-01-06 at 04:37 AM.