View Single Post
Old 12-02-06, 10:35 AM
DataJunkie

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by notfred
I'm glad you're able to spend 3 hours a day doing something you enjoy. However, I personally don't think that having every workday take a minimum of 11 hours (8 at work, plus 3 commuting) of my time is something I want to do. I don't think I should have to leave my house an hour and a half before work to get there on time. If that doesn't bother you, great, but it does bother me. I value my free time, because I get to use it to do anything I want. That's usually not riding to work. I'd much rather spend 45 minutes a day commuting and have two free hours to do anything I like than be forced to spend all three of those hours commuting every day. I do enjoy riding my bike, and on days that I want to ride for three hours, I can ride anywhere that I want, not just to work and back. Personally I don't see any advantage at all to having a longer commute, all it does is take away options for what you can do with your day, it doesn't give you anything extra.

And my current commute is 17 miles each way, so 34 per day.
Alrighty, apparently you are missing the part where I said I was not belittling you. Just wondering about why chose this.
Some people......