View Single Post
Old 12-02-06, 09:57 PM
froze
Banned.

Bikes: 84 Trek 660 Suntour Superbe; 87 Giant Rincon Shimano XT; 07 Mercian Vincitore Campy Veloce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by trmcgeehan
I know your purists will take exception, but when I have a slow leak or even a total flat, I put a pressurized can of tire sealer in my road tire. It does the trick, and doesn't foul the valve. The sealant stays in the tube and helps prevent future flats. My LBS has cans of this stuff that will fit a Presta or a Schrader. A can costs about $9, but it's worth it if you don't have to change a tire 20 miles from home. The pressure can inflates the tube to around 80 pounds.
It's not that we're purists, but rather the stuff doesn't work in pressures exceeding about 65psi, which means it works good in MTB tires but not in road tires. PLUS it adds weight to the tire, PLUS you have to haul that damm can around. BUT I haven't seen or tried that particular stuff your talking about: I went down to an LBS today and asked about it but they haven't heard of it either other then the stuff use in car tires you buy at auto stores, and that stuff will void a tire manufactures warranty.