Old 12-06-06, 05:29 PM
ViperZ
Baby it's cold outside...

Bikes: Trek 5000, Rocky Mountain Wedge, GT Karakoram K2, Litespeed Tuscany

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I commute 5 days a week to and from work, and then I'll go out riding on the weekends for fun.

During the commute I do have to ride more carefully because it's dark, and you tend to be in a hurry to get to work. I ride down a quiet side street most of the way, however once I cross the bridge, I get into Downtown traffic which can get hairy at times. You really have to watch out for the Chocolate mousse snow that has ice hiding under it, for it is slippery, and the snow will redirect your tires. I used a 240 count stud tire(s) that really helps. Having a good HID light also helps me to see the road ahead and any potential problems. I find it easiest to pick a path well in advance.

I dress with just a light base layer, a 100wt polar fleece, and a 3 layer Gortex Shell. For pants I wear a 100wt fleece pant and a 3 layer Gortex Shell. A balaclava on my head, DH ski gloves and I seem good from -10C to -30C so far. On the colder days I start out colder, but I'm warm with in 4 blocks, so far I think I have the clothing dialed in. Once it starts to get colder say -35C, I'll have to start wearing Ski Goggles.

Here are some pictures, because I like taking & posting pictures

-27C On the road to work

-15C Just Having Fun

Last edited by ViperZ; 12-06-06 at 06:19 PM.