Old 11-14-03, 12:57 PM
Rich Clark
A Heart Needs a Home

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ngateguy
no they are not controlled by balance they steer by balance ie tip to the right you turn right. The bike is controlled by the rider. No hands you are not in COMPLETE control of your bike. That is to say you can't or shouldn't do it just don't justify it as being in complete control of your bike because you ain't. It is true that it is not a bad skill to learn because it can come in handy.
You seem to be intentionally not understanding what I am saying.

I did not say you should still be in complete control of your bike if your hands are off the bars.

I said that you are not in complete control of your bike unless you CAN take your hands off the bars.

If, when you take your hands off the bars, the bike doesn't continue to go where you want it to, then you were de facto compensating for lack of balance by applying constant steering correction up to the point where you removed your hands from the bars. That's indicative of a control problem.

no they are not controlled by balance they steer by balance ie tip to the right you turn right. The bike is controlled by the rider.
What, by force of personality? The rider controls the bike by shifting his balance.

RichC