Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 12-14-06, 02:44 PM
somnambulant
So I says to Mable I says

Bikes: '05 Urbanite Fixie, '06 Lemond Croix de Fer, '06 Jamis Dragon Pro, '07 IRO Bikeforums Track, '07 Planet-X Uncle John

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shiznaz
I'm pretty sure that beverly south of college is still terrible though, and the pattern they cobbled st george with is annoying as you're constantly transitioning between brick and concrete. In a few years its going to be REALLY BAD. I can guaruntee it.
Yeah.. beverly south of college is brutal still. So is dufferin from college to queen. I think those brick sections were supposed to be for traffic calming and to encourage jay-walking, but I don't think enough drivers actually recognize them as such so it winds up creating more dangerous situations than if it was just a regular street since the peds expect cars to stop.

Originally Posted by Danhalen
I have been doing the 15 min ice thing it does seem to help. It might be time to go to someone who really knows knees specifically. I want to know what to do excercise wise to maximize recovery. I have had other muscle injuries in other places before but the knee is a real *****.
Yeah, the ice + advil is going to lessen the SYMPTOMS but it's not doing anything to actually fix you up in the long run. The only things that are going to help that are likely rest and physio. Stretching is GOOD. I'm planning on starting a daily stretching routine (yoga-esque) once I'm back from my vacation. I actually found a great quad stretch last night while looking up information on my own kneecap tracking problem. I have it bookmarked at home.. Just PM me later if you're interested.