View Single Post
Old 11-16-03, 02:36 PM
camshaft

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nesdog
Did you ride the OCR? I tested the Trek 1200 and the OCR2. I ordered the OCR2 for pickup next weekend. It was an awesome ride and I came away totally impressed with the handling and fit. Can't wait to get out on that thing, a major upgrade from my 30+ year old 10 speed!!

Sheldon
I just rode it this weekend, but I ended up choosing the Fuji. I had one heck of a time trying to pick though. I liked them both alot. I ended up going with the Fuji for some minor reasons.

1. my shoulder width fit the width of the Fuji bars better (the giant ones were a little too wide)
2. the fuji comes with road pedals whereas the OCR2 comes with mountain bike pedals. I asked the guy at the shop why and he said it's because the mountain bike shoes are more like real shoes so you can wear them a little around after you get off the bike.
3. the tires that came with the Fuji were slightly narrower
4. the giant fit well, but that pivoting handle bar stem didn't fit me that well. With the handles tilted up for upright riding they were nice, but when you tilt them down low like for a race they extended too far over the front for me.
5. I like the saddle on the giant alot more though, so I'm just going to replace the Fuji saddle with a similar one
6. last (and least actually), I thought the Fuji looked better.

All of this was just personal preference though, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the OCR2 (I would be). Did you get a 2003 OCR2? My LBS was the only one in the area that could still get me one, and they were offering a great deal - $550 US. The Fuji was $600.

Austin