ngateguy
Center of the Universe

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo, Norvara Intrepid MTB , Softride Solo 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by closetbiker
The setting of the study is quite clearly noted as Copenhagen, Denmark. As I mentioned, and is common knowledge, bicyclists there wear helmets at a rate of less than 1%. In addition, cyclists from this area have among the lowest rates of injury in the world. So, much in opposition to those that post here, cyclists do not die if they do not wear helmets, but, in fact, live longer, healthier lives while cycling without helmets.
I here Copenhagen is a cool place someday I would like to visit there. I also here that it is very bike friendly there. Maybe one day they will do a study on BIKE HELMETS and then we could discuss the issue. However I do not disagree with the conclusion made by your pet statistics., and will continue to ride my bike and live a healthy lifestyle. Since you are not part of the study you really cannot add your own assumptions and speculations. For you to be able to use that study it needs to set up the criteria for the use of helmets and what the objectives are, how many had helmets on when the died if their deaths were caused by blunt trauma etc. There is nothing at all in that study about helmets so you can only speculate, again a predominate trait amongst people that don't usually know what they are talking about.

On $100 helmets I own one but I didn't pay $100 for it it was just over $50, why? I always buy stuff that are on SALE. I can tell you there is differences in a $100 helmet and a $20 one. And they are not about safety. My helmet is lighter has better venting and is much easier to adjust for size. For someone like me it is worth the extra money to use it since I pratically live on my bike. Weekend warriors and casual riders, or people that are just concerned about safety can easily save their money and buy any helmet with a snell aproval on it.