View Single Post
Old 12-17-06, 10:48 AM
ken cummings

Bikes: Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kjmillig
Make sure you follow up with whatever department oversees shuttle drivers, and have that copy of state laws in hand.
+1 I've spent five years as a shuttle driver and agree with the above. The Department referred to should be the department of whatever state you live in that regulates commercial vehicles and drivers. In California it is a section of the DMV. A confused Senior once reported me for properly taking an extra loop around the airport and picking up a second ride on my shared-ride shuttle. Three months later I was testifying about it before a top Los Angeles DMV executive. I was cleared of any charges but would not want to go thru the experience again.

I also called in a UPS truck that cleared my by inches when he had room to pass me by several feet. Since then I have seen many UPS trucks on that section of my bike commute home and they have all cleared me by at least three feet as they pass.