View Single Post
Old 12-18-06, 08:49 AM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked 2,169 Times in 1,288 Posts
Originally Posted by Zero_Enigma
I find wiht my Superflash when I aim it about 2-3 mid-sized cars distance it helps keep the cars back and move to the other side. I aim mine at head level to it hits the eyes and burns an image into the eyes so it's "in your face" and not like you didn't see it. I aim mine slightly high so it half hits the normal cars in the face while also hitting SUV's in the face as well. I dont feel sorry for hitting them in the face. It's your safety on the road and if the light hits them smack in the face to get them to notice and back off then so be it. My previous blinks were not really adjustable by much and not that powerful so cars tend to tail or come about one car distance from me. Now with this setup they change lanes about 2-3 cars distance for majority of the cars. I still get a few and buzz close by.
While it is the best small battery blinkie currently available, I think you overestimate the SP. I loaned mine (with a fresh battery in 55F) to a friend in a recent night group ride and while I it to be brighter than most other folks blinkies, it was not eye burning or motor vehicle driver affecting. I use two for my commute and notice no difference in driver behavior compared to the LD-1000. From 50' back aimed at face it looks quite a bit dimmer than brakes lights on a car.

Al