View Single Post
Old 12-18-06, 12:24 PM
swan652

Bikes: '01 Specialized Hard Rock, '06 Specialized Sequoia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In addition to cycling, I golf and play handball. I've been battling golfer and tennis elbow plus a bad shoulder for a number of years. I've received cortisone shots in my elbow and shoulder, usually successfully, but not always. The tendonitis in my elbow got so bad a few years ago that I tried alternative medicine (accupuncture). I was very impressed with the results and recommend it to anyone with the same problem. At the end of my treatments the doctor gave me a pair of Chinese therapy balls that I still use whenever I feel the tendonitis returning. I haven't had to return to the accupuncturist or my regular MD for cortisone since I started using the balls. I still wear an elbow brace when I play handball or ride and also when I'm on the computer a lot (hand on desk on mouse). Also, I've found that the position I sleep at night (I don't know what that position is, I'm asleep) will aggravate elbow pain so when that happens the brace comes to bed with me. Just things to think about that may help you with your own elbow problems. Here is a link for the balls http://www.handhealth.com/ctb_all.asp .
The doc's say if it hurts don't do it. That's not an option.