View Single Post
Old 12-18-06, 08:01 PM
legot73
meep!

Bikes: 2006 Kona Jake, 2005 Giant Lite Xtracycle, 2004 Trek L200, 1997 Specialized RockHopper FS, 1989 Trek 950

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Change in plans, quick light selection

I've been waiting 2 mos for my dynohub and B&M lights from PeterWhiteCycles, and I've run out of time. My crumby bottle dynamo made a sound like a garbage disposal eating sand, and then it stopped. My only other light is a 5 led PB Beamer, which is OK to be seen, but I can't see with it.

So, I'm ready to give up on the dynamo, cancel my order, and go with battery powered. I read through the lighting sticky, and decided that I need LIon since I ride in lots of cold weather. I'm a value guy, and LED would likely outlast the battery (which is the majority of the cost), and HID is too expensive to replace. I think Halogen will do just fine.

Nashbar has this L&M that seems to fit the bill. Although its a bit pricey, it's the same as the dynohub wheel I was going to buy without the lights. I take care of my stuff, but expect it to last at least 4-5 years for this price. Any late night feedback before I pull the trigger?