Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SingingSabre
"Hi Pot, I'm Kettle"
"Nice to meet you, Pot!"
"Kettle, you're black!"
"So are you, Pot!"

Get it?
No, I don't get it. Is there something I tried to convey that you feel I couldn't explain?

The only difference is that Bek has a good idea.
If it's a good idea, then I'd like to understand what it is and why it works. Perhaps you can explain it.

He's presenting a target which says "you'll get past me faster" rather than "go faster and you might hit me."

Of course, you should know a few things about moving left in a lane, HH. See, it supposedly makes you more visible to other drivers.
I think you've at least attempted to explain why Bek's technique might work, which is more than he has done. But, frankly, it's still not a very good explanation. Are you saying that moving left is presenting a target which says "you'll get past me faster"? What does that mean? Are you thinking of the cyclist as a "target"? I don't understand the use of that language here. And are you implying that not moving left in a lane can mean "go faster and you might hit me."?

And what's with the pedantry expressed in phrases like, Of course, you should know a few things about moving left in a lane, HH? A few things like what? "It supposedly makes you more visible to other drivers."? What does that have to do with communicating yielding to the driver?

If another driver notices you, then you can let them go first so you're guaranteed to not get run down, smooshed, flattened, etc. by them.
Are you saying that it helps to move left so that the driver notices you to know that you're yielding because if he doesn't notice you he might think you're not yielding to him? Pardon me for not being able to make sense of this. If you're trying get him to go, why would you bother trying to get him to notice you?

Of course, Bek also mentioned that it's not the technique of choice for all chances of left hooks, just a few.
I understand that. I'm just trying to understand how and why it works in the situations where it does work. In particular, I'm still trying to understand how the move left itself and alone communicates yielding, or whether there are other factors involved that Bek (and you?) are not aware of that actually communicate the yielding.

Something that someone here doesn't practice.
Are you referring to me? If so, what is it that you think I don't practice? And, whatever it is, how would you know?