Thread: Jersey Design
View Single Post
Old 12-22-06, 10:25 AM
Hambone

Bikes: GT Edge for the road/Specialized Hopper (well the frame and the bb, everything else is new) for the dirt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeep_Bike_Teach
I really love the concept and the design. Great idea!

Just my $0.02....

Being a farm girl from Montana (did I just admit that? ) and a quasi 'horse person', I just wanted to comment on the leg position. The very first 'sign' posted has the legs of the horse running going in the correct direction. The 2nd and 3rd signs have the legs going in directions that aren't the natural position of a horse that is running. Now, being bucked off a horse or two, the 2nd sign reminds me of all hell breaking loose and hold on tight or prepare for a trip to the hospital for an arm cast...

The horse that Air* posted, that is 'haulin' ass' is a great example of a horse running that shows leg position. I can't say that I've ever seen a clyde haulin' ass in the sense of moving quickly - more along the lines of pulling one hell of a load.

Anyway, I'm sure there are lots of opinions out there. I'm happy to support the venture, whatever the design turns out to be. I think it is terrific idea!
so if I take the first one, move the head lower and forward (and stretch neck) then just extend each of the legs...

(FWIW- I found a video of a horse running, paused it at a couple of spots and modeled the 2nd and third after them. Horses sure do have some flailing legs! But it is more about how peole react to the image then accuracy and if the 2nd and third look wrong to horse people then... they look wrong.)

I'm home for a few days. I'll play with the image next week.

To whoever here celebrates it: Have a Merry Christmas!