Thread: Retired
View Single Post
Old 12-23-06, 07:33 AM
centexwoody 

Bikes: 2015 Scissortail hardtail MTB, 2013 XL Longbike USS recumbent, 2010 Hans Schneider steel randonneur road bike, 2005 Surly LHT;

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by will dehne
What is independently wealthy? Having enough to continue present lifestyle until you and your spouse drop dead?
YES: ALTHO LIFESTYLES ARE HIGHLY VARIABLE. Fortunately cycling doesn't have to be an exorbitantly expensive lifestyle...

Having enough to pay for deluxe retirement homes until age 100?

NOW, WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE? SINCE I'VE NEVER LIVED IN A DELUXE ANYTHING FOR MORE THAN 24-HOURS, I'M NOT SURE WHAT THAT WOULD BE LIKE...

Have enough to fix the problems of our kids who cannot seem to get their act together (no doubt because we did not raise them right)
YES: interesting last comment about 'fixing the problems of our kids'. This will not be uncommon for our generation, I don't think. There are some difficult structural problems in our economy that can make 'getting started' tougher than it was for my generation. We've also enjoyed the generosity of the previous generation ("the greatest generation"). My mother has helped with the college education costs for her grandson & I appreciate it very much. That assistance helped me keep from dipping into my own retirement.