View Single Post
Old 12-26-06, 03:17 PM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been a member for a couple years and read quite often but have never posted. I thought it was about time to join in some of the discussions

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?

I ride a Trek Madone 5.0 WSD. I also own a Trek 1800C that I rode for three years and now use it for a backup bike and winter riding.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?

On doctor's orders I take a multi-vitamin and extra calcium.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?

I started cycling about 5 years ago and so far I've only seen improvement each year. I'm sure I'll begin to see some slowing down soon.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?

I've always owned a bike but only started riding on a regular basis in the last 5 years.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
I do a lot of riding with the local cycling club. Most rides are 20-50 miles. I did my first century last summer

I'm also a volunteer bike patrolman for the local parks and do quite a bit of trail riding. We have a biking program for beginners in the summer that consists of a 10-20 mile ride on the trails each Saturday morning.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
I usually bike 4-5 days a week in the summer and 2-3 in the winter - weather permitting. SW Ohio winters are very unpredictable. So far it's been a rather warm winter. I rode 2,400 miles this year.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
I lift weights and walk/run on my treadmill. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis a few years ago and the weight training is important.

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??

I'll be 64 in January.