Old 12-27-06, 06:05 PM
46x17
dances with bicycle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mihlbach
Fixed Gear Gallery is the same...lots of bikes with no brakes, or anything else for that matter. Its fairly obvious that people dont really ride their bikes all that much, or they photograph their bikes before installing the brakes and other accessories or remove them off to take the photos. I guess is supposed to make the bike look cooler...really, it just makes it look less functional. Can you imagine all these people riding around with no brakes, no water bottles, no fenders, no frame pump, or bag for spare tube and tools? I kind of doubt it. Theres no way I'd ride far from home without most of that stuff (except maybe fenders, which I only have on one of my bikes).
Most people I know that have pics up on fgg ride quite hard and lots of miles too.
If you are not riding in the country there a plenty of places to stop to get some water and food.
My tools fit into my fanny pack and the water between the seatstays. On long long long rides or country rides I bring a bag with more water. When it rains I add fenders. Riding in my environment most things attached to a bike will get stolen (bags, panniers, frame pump, etc) so even from that standpoint it makes more sense to carry things on the person. My underthesaddlebag is a piece of canvas that things are rolled into that is secured with a toestrap. Try it - you will like it.