View Single Post
Old 12-27-06, 06:18 PM
mihlbach

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 125 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by 46x17
Most people I know that have pics up on fgg ride quite hard and lots of miles too.
If you are not riding in the country there a plenty of places to stop to get some water and food.
My tools fit into my fanny pack and the water between the seatstays. On long long long rides or country rides I bring a bag with more water. When it rains I add fenders. Riding in my environment most things attached to a bike will get stolen (bags, panniers, frame pump, etc) so even from that standpoint it makes more sense to carry things on the person. My underthesaddlebag is a piece of canvas that things are rolled into that is secured with a toestrap. Try it - you will like it.
I agree with you...however, I still submit that there are people who strip their bikes down for the photo session and then reinstall brakes and accessories when riding. Theres nothing wrong with doing that...but still its a little deceptive. If I ever get around to submitting my Bareknuckle, I'll include figures of the stripped down track setup (which I ride occasionally) as well as the everyday road setup with brakes, bottles, framepump and the works.