View Single Post
Old 12-28-06, 02:37 AM
Vinokurtov
Now Racer Ex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in base right now, 6-7 days per week. Recovery weeks are 10 hours, and it ramps up from there to 18 max so far. Next week finishes base off, I'm scheduled for 20 hours including a three day camp in Death Valley. Couple days a week of weight or power work thrown in, and trying to keep two days a week for core.

Don't really track miles because so much of my training is uphill (average has been around 15k ft climbing/week), but I punched in the data from Cycling Peaks and the most was 274/week.

I've been concentrating as much on TSS/IF as hours though, to make sure the actual work load is a ramp up and build process. I'd rather miss an hour or two on volume over the week and keep those numbers right.

On top of all this is trying to manage/lose the weight I chucked on towards the end of last season. Was going good till Christmas, when I fell off the wagon for a bit. Still lighter though, and everything is pointing towards a nice improvement from last year. Power numbers are as good or better than my best last season, and that's testing at altitude.

Sea level is like getting a nice shot of EPO, I did Diablo a couple of times this weekend; Saturday I did the traditional race route in an hour at just above tempo HR average without ever really pushing at all, I thought the Ergomo was reading high until I looked at the ride time.

The hard part is keeping it going now that winter has landed. I did a couple of hours xc skiing on the top of the mountain today (9,000ft), but it's hard to keep the heart rate up.