Thread: 2007 Caad 9
View Single Post
Old 12-28-06, 05:21 AM
roadwarrior

Bikes: Cannondale EVO, CAAD9, Giant cross bike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimmreaper
Well I can only compare it against my 2002 Trek 1000. It is pretty much stock with the exception of Mavic CXP-30 wheels.

The first thing I notice is that if I am riding slow (around 10mph) I can feel almost every little bump on the road, but when I get up to my normal cruising speed (18 to 20 mph) all the road vibrations go away and it is very smooth.

The three biggest things I noticed when comparing it against my Trek 1000, is that it out-acclererates and it will turn a tighter corner than I could ever do in my Trek 1000 and the biggest thing I found is that it is very smooth while pedaling, I am not sure how I can describe it other than the Trek felt like it surged and the Cannondale would be rock steady. I do not believe the bike makes me any faster but it does feel a lot more responsive and a little more comfortable for me.

I am very happy with my CAAD-9 bike and I hope I can eventually beat the pants off the riders in my weekend rides.

I hope this helps
The CAAD9 is a professional quality frame. It was designed to withstand the rigors of high level racing. It was engineered to be efficient, yet be comfortable enough for a professional to ride for 40 hours+ a week...see photo below.

The Trek 1000, a very nice bike, has the most basic frame that Trek makes for a road bike. It has little engineering for comfort, as it was not designed for any of the things for which the CAAD9 was designed.

One of the huge advantages that Cannondale has in the marketplace is that they offer a pro frame for a little over a grand to start (CAAD8)...you can get a high performance frame on a budget. Few companies offer that. Cunego won the '04 Giro on a CAAD8.

The difference between the 8 and the 9 is stiffness. They were able to make the tubing larger at the head tube and bb without adding weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
CAAD9.jpg (37.5 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by roadwarrior; 12-28-06 at 05:28 AM.