Old 12-29-06, 04:44 PM
kayandallie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How did I miss this forum?

Please tell us your age. Just turned 54 Christmas Eve

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? I had a Cannondale hybrid, which didn't fit me. My son works in a bike shop and races and is obsessed. In the last year I have purchased a Trek hybrid and now a gorgeous Project One Pilot (I'm in it for the colors but apparently the components are nice also).

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? Just a vitamin

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? I was never fast so no difference other than I think I might have been able to go faster with trying at it when I was younger. I have also gotten myself a shoulder issue which I didn't have when I was much younger.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? Depends on the definition. Of course I've been on a bike since my father taught me to ride when I was 5 or 6. A bike was the only way to get around when young. I rode off and on in my 20's, rode in my 30's, carried my kids behind me, rode when I lived in Germany, didn't ride for awhile while into horses, and now have started again. Have never ridden seriously, only for enjoyment. Now is the most serious I've ever been about trying to get fit from riding (influence of my son). I also now want to ride with a club and have started doing weekend rides here and there.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race? At the moment little training rides to try and get myself fast enough to ride with a club and to not be exhausted on weekend rides.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? Not often enough

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.? Now go to the gym and do the machines. Pilates and yoga also and am about to go skiing for the first time in 20 some years!