View Single Post
Old 12-30-06, 02:11 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Over 10,000 miles!

on my odometer.

For those of you who don't use cyclometers don't read any further!!!!!

I just turned over 10,000 miles on my Ciclosport 434 odometer on today's ride and wondered if the odometer would restart from zero or actually show 10,000+. I got it last summer and it's been a good and reliable unit-at least it was worth what I paid for it anyway. It provides all the typical riding stats like speed, miles and time. In addition it provides per cent grade of the road, climbing feet (using barometeric pressure changes), altitude, cadence etc. It's easy to read and easy to program as well.

I picked it up off ebay for less than $100 and have enjoyed having the data. It has allowed me to add climbing feet and steepest climbs to my stats!!

I suppose the unit will be retired when the Garmin gets up and running. With the Garmin and I'll not only have the end of ride information but be able to see it mile for mile.....I'll be very interested to see the heart rate and cadence graphed out for some of the longer, steeper climbs.

I suppose I won't be able to see if the Ciclo will indicate 100,000 miles!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Odometer.jpg (34.7 KB, 20 views)