Old 01-01-07, 03:54 PM
dekindy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by derath
As long as they worked I wouldn't care. I have long since given up looking "cool". The reason I got the glasses I did was more for function. They do an awesome job of sealing out the wind and giving me better peripheral vision. When wearing my regular glasses my eyes water on fast downhills due to the wind. And my helmet mounted mirror is just outside their view, so everything in the mirror is blurry.

With my SG-1's the wind is blocked out and the wraparound gives me extra peripheral "adjusted for my sight" view.

The glasses only cost $35 from ebay and the inserts were $90. Not super cheap but not that bad either.

-D
I suspect you do not ride during the winter. My old style Bolle Edge are way too bulky to wear beneath balaclavas and headbands. The ones you are referencing look much bulkier than my Bolle. I just started riding in cold weather this year and this has prompted me to purchase a smaller, modern replacement or I would stick with my Bolle until I can no longer get replacement lenses. There are still some replacement lenses to be had, but they are getting rare. Bolle does not have any.