Old 01-04-07, 02:42 PM
Grasschopper
He drop me

Bikes: '03 Marin Mill Valley, '02 Eddy Merckx Corsa 0.1, '12 Giant Defy Advance, '20 Giant Revolt 1, '20 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 1, some random 6KU fixie

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by August Spies
Check the components, the langster may come out on top. Buying a cheap fixie built up almost always entails as much (or more) buying in the end as you decide upgrade the rims, bars, brakes, hubs etc. The Langster's a good distance from the standard track bike though, in materials and the compact geometry, though, so if you want a classic feel/look, the hour might be a good deal.

I must also voice my support for specialized...I seldom endourse big companies, but I've had exceedingly good luck with the few that I've owned...I have a roubaix as well (2004 comp) and it's pretty much the sweetest bike I've ever had anything to do with....even if it does have dorky compact geometry.
The bottom of the line Langster's components seem to be pretty much on par with the Hour from what I can tell. I could care less if it has track geometry but actually I think the Langster is closer (pretty sure it is steeper) than the Hour. The one thing that I don't like about the Hour is that it doesn't appear to have cable stops for a rear brake so it will be a full housing and zip ties or some other makeshift housing holder...I wish the Moto Messenger came in other colors and with different brake levers (I like the tektros that have the Campy Ergo lever shape since I run Campy on my geared bikes).

Hmm lots of late votes for the Langster.....but $200 more?