View Single Post
Old 01-08-07, 11:15 PM
Ceya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
andre nickatina

1. I've heard generally it's better to size down a little bit for a track frame compared to what you would ride for a road frame. True?

This is what most was taught prior to 1990s . I follow it today. the rule was if you rode 57c/t seat tube on the road you will go 56 c/t seat tube on track. I find it works well but with compact frames and tig welded frames that rule may not or does not work.

2. Also, about NJS approved frames... I'm assuming in order that no one gets any real advantage over anyone else, all NJS frames, whether they're Samson, Bridgestone or 3Rensho are fairly the same in stiffness, weight, tubing etc.? True?

Yes the builder is certified to have NJS stamped on his frame after testing by the Keirin cycling body.

Steel frames, lugged are there. remember the thickness and tubing will vary but everything must be certified NJS for thr racer to race it.

All Keirin NJS frames that are raced are custom build by the builder. That is why you may see 53 x 56 sizes out there.

The bike will be inspected( I think Tomity said 3 days from racing day). It is some what like NASCAR.

3. Please excuse my ignorance.

No, its not asking is what causes ignorance

Maybe Tomity can fill in more. I will find my Keirin book and look for more info.

S/F,
CEYA!

Last edited by Ceya; 01-08-07 at 11:27 PM.