Istanbul_Tea
X-Large Member

Bikes: 2004 Rivendell Atlantis, 2004 Thorn eXp, 2004 Bob Brown Cycles Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike
So... You just watched the guy do this? Couldn't you call the cops or tell the store security or yell' "hey, leave the bike alone, your on camera!" or something?
lol, you ever been to NYC??

1. Call the cops... they would have laughed and/or-if I was extremely lucky and I mean EXTREMELY lucky-they would have shown up 4 hours later.

2. Store security... if there was a guy he would have said, "Ain't my problem." The average security guy in a store in NYC is a junior high dropout with poorly fitting pants, a doo-rag on his head and either talking on his cell to his girlfriend or has earphones on listening to music. i.e. worthless at securing much of anything.

3. Yell something... could have but didn't. He obviously wasn't going to get the bike and the last time I yelled something at a guy(he was walking up Broadway at noon with the sidewalks completely full of people)popping trunks with a crowbar and taking things with no one saying a word to him... I told him to "Stop" and he looked over at me and said, "F*** Off! Just tell me which one is your car and I won't pop it"
Incidently, a few minutes later 2 cops on foot walked by and saw him and said, "Do it on another street" and the guy walked around the corner and started popping trunks there instead.