RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by RobCat
I hate clingy clothing! Give me a roomy pair of cargo shorts (with a nice chamois undergarment, o' course) and a loud Hawaiian shirt any day. I may not impress those obnoxious 'serious' roadies, but I also don't have to peel myself like a grape after a warm-weather jaunt.
I'm just the opposite. I hate loose fitting clothing when riding. I like tight (but not too tight) shorts and tights.
When I'm not riding I like loose (but not too loose) clothing. Nothing clingy when I off the bike.

BTW: I was 240 pounds (109 kg, 17.1 stones) when I started riding. I wore lycra shorts after about a week of riding in cut-offs. The cut-offs were too uncomfortable so I said the heck with my ego, embarrassment, etc. I'm now down to 195 pounds (88.5 kg, 13.9 stones) and "upgraded" to bib shorts last June. Much more comfortable than regular lycra shorts.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.