Old 01-17-07, 01:34 PM
Old Dirt Hill
Bring That Beat Back

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
So how much support do you get among friends with similar worldview (right wing/Evangelical for lack of better terms), concerning your new opinions about the environment? If I'm not mistaken, about 40 % of Evangelicals are Democrats/liberals. Do you now consider a candidate's environmental position when deciding how to vote? If I'm not being too nosy--did you vote for Granholm or DeVos?

I love your avatar! Where do you live? I'm in Lansing, 4 days a month in Traverse City.
Support? Most seem to think I'm a little strange as they can't fathom why anyone would want to do this. I get similar opinions from cow-orkers who see me getting suited up at the end of the day (now that it's winter anyway). "So is it worth it?" a cow-orker asked me last week when the wind chill was sub -20. I just smiled and pulled down my ski goggles as I told him that no one is making me do this...but I wouldn't have it any other way. Again, I am car free mainly because I enjoy it.

All-in-all, I guess you could say people have been supportive, but I don't see many "like-minded" individuals following suit.

I'm originally from the Jackson area although I currently live in Minnesota, so I didn't vote for Granholm or DeVos. I do now consider a candidate's environmental position when deciding how to vote, but I'm not quite sure yet how that's going to play out.