Old 01-17-07, 02:25 PM
DocRay

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by El Diablo Rojo
Please read this slowly so you will understand.
That doesn't help.

The lack of stupid salaries is one reason why I like cycling. The other point is that tours cost a lot more to run than stadium sports.

Again, the DNA testing issue is not WADA, or Pound, everyone assumes now that Pound is the center of everything.
The riders have international laws on privacy and RIPPA rights on their DNA, so any argument that way is just a cheap smokescreen. Violating these laws are already criminal offences, these laws have been in place since the 90s.

I only trust that Eric Zabel had nothing to do with Fuentes or any blood doping, he was the first to offer his DNA. No way Birillo will agree to this.

By this bizarre money = good sport argument, patent would have us believe that the Olympics and College Basketball are not good sports. I'll take March madness over a bunch of whiny, arrogant, overpaid coked-up NBA gamers any day. I'll see a better high-school football game than the typical NFL game.

I don't know where in Europe your family is from, but most of Europe really doesn't care about how the US perceives its sport. Sports like soccer and F1 were thriving in Europe without any US audience.

There is no doubt that money has ruined F1, there are only a handful of real teams.

Besides, cycling in US sports has run its course, in the early 1900s, track racers made more than Babe Ruth, and there were >30 velodromes in New York alone. Somehow, tastes evolved such that watching a bunch of guys standing around, spitting and scratching themselves is more interesting that a Track sprint.
I don't get why track racing is so dead in North America, it's a spectacle, it's exciting and dangerous, it's cheap to televise, and you can charge for admission.