Thread: PGH roll call
View Single Post
Old 01-18-07, 06:40 AM
12XU
Dismount Run Remount etc.

Bikes: A couple customs and some beaters.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmg
Whoa... you got my old Bianchi from Free Ride. And like me, you've yet to get it together to order some celeste touch up paint! That was a cool frame but I had to get rid of it once I almost gave myself a DIY vasectomy in the south side slopes.

I'm Dan, I have no distinguishing features, and my bike is awaiting disposal at the hands of an insurance adjuster. Although I found out today that my ACS is merely sprained, not torn (as far as they can tell presently anyway), so I hope to be out and about soon.

I am up for this hill climbing club of which you speak. I love hills.
Said vasectomy wasnt from a broken dropout, by chance? Shortly after I got back to school, I was riding the bike up the street when the under load, the wheel suddenly hit the chainstay and I almost slammed the top tube. I eventually realized that the drive side drop out cracked and the rear axle shifted when I put down adequate force. Thus, the frame has been sitting collecting dust until I get enough initiative to order equipment and learn how to braze track ends. Im also going to call the paint job a wash despite the previous owner s (you??) lovely forest green touch up job. When I originally got the frame I was so surprised to see a lugged anything in the rafters and asked honestly if it was ok that I take it. I didnt think I was worthy enough for the one nice steel frame of the group!