View Single Post
Old 01-18-07, 11:01 AM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
One was Budget. Can't remember the name of the other one, off hand. I'm about to go to Florida in a couple of days and just checked with two RANS dealers in the area where I'll be, and neither of them carry RANS CF bikes either, although they do carry Electra and Cannondale CFs. That makes a grand total of 5 RANS dealers (all authorized RANS dealers that I found on RANS site) that I've checked so far, with 2 previously carrying the CFs and 3 having never carried them. These are pretty hard cookies to find.

If I were interested in a climber, I would probably be more interested in the RANS CF bikes. But as about 95% of my riding is on flat rail trails, climbing capability is not even a factor on my list. That said, when I took a test ride on a Gruv I did ride up a long incline and I could not believe how easy it was. I could barely tell I was going uphill, except that I was moving more slowly.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 01-18-07 at 05:31 PM.