Old 12-25-03, 02:48 PM
Bokkie
Jubalayo Unogwaja!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willmac
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hey, I am looking at getting a trek fuel 80, and I wanted to hear what you guys thought about the bike. You can't put discs on it can you? I am new to the full suspension bikes and I'm looking to spent about $1200-1400, so nothing great. Any other suggestions on a bike?

Thanks
Will
What do you mean..."nothing great"? You can get some really good bikes for the price range you have in mind.

Choosing a bike is an old question that has long occupied the minds of men and machine! Hardtail? full susser? Others will comment. You have the money so look at other models and compare the components. A more expensive frame can be compromised by cheap components, and a cheap frame can come equipped with decent components, but you might not see that at the time you look.

Generally speaking, make a note of the components and compare the prices individually which'll give you a good baseline for what to look before you commit. If I can offer any pearl of wisdom, don't rush into buying the first sexy looking bike you see. Shop around, test ride, and discuss with the lbs. Generally I'd say go to your lbs. They are small enough to care (usually) but not so big that they have to meet sales targets.